Re: Merging the interfaces and algorithms sections

Hi Dominik, All,

> On 21 Jan 2015, at 11:25, Rottsches, Dominik <dominik.rottsches@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Anssi,
>
> thanks for the PR - it was very helpful in highlighting a couple of
> inconsistencies and aligning with the conventional pattern /
> organization of "explanations below IDL" which other specifications use.

Dominik - thanks for the updates! I like how the spec now establishes common idioms to be used across the spec for consistency. Also, aligning with the established spec style should help people from other groups to review our work more easily.

>> Dominik indicated he's working on the first pass review and expansion.
>> My expectation is he will share his results with the group shortly,
>> and before doing so will update the PR, to ease the review.
>
> In https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/pull/43
> I tried to address your comments and follow your suggestions for
> organizing the document.
>
> I closed the .XXX items, except one, which I transformed into an open
> issue:
>
> "Do we want to keep the attribute readonly session of
> NavigatorPresentation?" How can we consistently define what this
> attribute represents? I think this attribute easily gets confusing to a
> client of our API.

All - please let us know if you are aware of good use case(s) for this attribute.

Dominik - please feel free to open an issue to track this.

> It would be great if Anssi and Mark could review this updated version.
> If it looks good, I'll merge this and we can continue editing.

All - please review the improvements Dominik landed in PR#43. The HTML preview with Dominik's changes baked in is at:

  http://rawgit.com/drott/presentation-api/anssi_reorg/index.html

Personally I feel that these changes improve the readability of the spec. If we hear no concerns from the group, I'd suggest the editor will merge these changes.

Thanks,

-Anssi