Re: Automatic notifications of issues/pull request/commits

Hi Anton, Dom,

> On 02 Feb 2015, at 17:06, Anton Vayvod <avayvod@google.com> wrote:
>
> Should discussions move to the GH issues by default then?

For discussion related to issues, that seems like the most straight-forward way.

That said, it is not required, for example, not everyone has a GitHub account.

[...]

> Just to clarify: one won't be able to join the discussion of a GH issue on the mailing list since the replies won't be posted back to the issue? (e.g. code.google.com as many other bug tracking sites I've been using allow to reply to the email notification to leave a comment).

There's a link at the bottom of the generated mail that takes you to the right place in GitHub to reply.

My understanding is the replies to the mail directly are not reflected back to GitHub (Dom correct me if I'm wrong), since making it work well would be non-trivial.

If you feel strongly about this, you may open a feature request in the github-notify-ml repo [1], or better send a PR that implements the feature :-)

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] https://github.com/dontcallmedom/github-notify-ml/