Re: Joining an existing application

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
> So the PresentationRequest constructor might look like:
>
> [Constructor(DOMString url, optional boolean allowConnectOnStart)]
>
> |allowConnectOnStart| would default false (resulting in the current
> behavior).  If set to true, the browser would try to add the controller as
> an additional session if it can verify the display is showing |url|.

Yup. Though I would recommend that we use a dictionary rather than
adding a boolean argument. Even though the dictionary will just
contain a single member for now.

That would both make it easier to add additional optional argument,
and it'll avoid having a hard-to-read boolean argument.

> Maybe
> in this case user agent lets the user choose whether to connect or replace
> (as a shortcut to closing the existing presentation and trying again).

That could be an optional UA feature yeah. Though given the additional
prompting involved, I think it's better for UAs to defer this to
application logic. But yes, I see no reason to forbid UAs giving users
this choice.

/ Jonas