Re: Feb focus week

WebVMT Status Update

1. Progress Made

   i. Contributed to the explainer document for the proposed DataCue activity [1] in the WICG [2], including expanded structure, two new requirements and a summary of use cases. Thanks to Chris Needham (M&E IG) for his continued support.
   ii. Partially updated the Javascript playback engine to the latest Editor's Draft [3].

2. Next Steps

   i. Complete the Javascript playback engine update to the latest Editor's Draft [3].
   ii. Officially form the WebVMT Community Group [4].
   iii. Continue community outreach and identify more activities to promote progress towards the standardisation track.

[1] https://github.com/chrisn/datacue <https://github.com/chrisn/datacue>
[2] https://www.w3.org/community/wicg/ <https://www.w3.org/community/wicg/>
[3] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/proposals/geotagging/webvmt/ <http://w3c.github.io/sdw/proposals/geotagging/webvmt/>
[4] https://www.w3.org/community/webvmt-cg/ <https://www.w3.org/community/webvmt-cg/>