Re: Area of spatial objects

Yes, I think area would be a good thing to have in a general spatial
ontology. Just like length, perimeter, etc. To have those properties within
the scope of a spatial ontology would give a data publisher the option to
be clear about the nature of the thing the property belongs to: is it a
spatial object or the geometric representation of a spatial object?

As for addresses, we have a vocabulary for those: locn
<https://www.w3.org/ns/locn#>. It can be used to link an address to a
geometry. Then to specify the spatial nature of the related location just a
few special types of geometry seem to be needed: centroid, interior central
point and entry/exit point. A general spatial ontology could help with
those.

There are probably a lot of interesting use cases to think of, should
development of a spatial ontology take place and should that development
take the route of starting with collecting use cases.

I do think the topics of precision and accuracy apply to all kinds of
numerical data, not just spatial data.

Regards,
Frans