Re: Area of spatial objects

Hello Nick,

I don't think it would be problem if the coordinates of the geometry are
unknown. In that case the property with the coordinates (e.g.
geosparql:asWKT) would be absent. Features with a point geometry and an
area could be published as a feature having two geometries: one with
coordinates and one with an area. The other examples you mentioned could be
dealt with the same way. For instance, have a feature with three geometries
- one with only an area, one with an area and a CRS and one with just
coordinates. There would then be a future option to specify that some of
those geometry representations are actually the same thing.

I am not saying this way of publishing your data is better than another,
but I do think it is possible. And perhaps this method can be used together
with another method, leaving it up to the data consumer how she/he/it wants
to query the data.

Regards,
Frans