RE: OWL-Time - week number

Simon,

Nice wording. Concise, precise and addresses exactly the I18N issue. Providing the  ISO 8601 goalpost do not move, but then should be able to fix.

Chris

From: Simon.Cox@csiro.au [mailto:Simon.Cox@csiro.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:30 AM
To: public-sdw-wg@w3.org
Subject: OWL-Time - week number

Github issue #886 https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/886 has been raised by the I18N wg, relating to the definition of time:week – the week number within the year. This was also brought up earlier as https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/726 and as https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/173 from the W3C tracker.

The issue seems to be in the second paragraph of the note in this section http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/#time:week  I’ve reworded it as follows:

>  ISO-8601 specifies that the first week of the year shall include at least four days. Hence, in a locale where Monday is the first day of the week, week 1 contains the first Thursday in the year.

Does this resolve the issue?

Simon

Simon J D Cox
Research Scientist
Environmental Informatics
CSIRO Land and Water<http://www.csiro.au/Research/LWF>

E simon.cox@csiro.au<mailto:simon.cox@csiro.au> T +61 3 9545 2365 M +61 403 302 672
   Mail: Private Bag 10, Clayton South, Vic 3169
   Visit: Central Reception, Research Way, Clayton, Vic 3168
   Deliver: Gate 3, Normanby Road, Clayton, Vic 3168
people.csiro.au/Simon-Cox<http://people.csiro.au/Simon-Cox>
orcid.org/0000-0002-3884-3420<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3884-3420>
researchgate.net/profile/Simon_Cox3<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Simon_Cox3>
github.com/dr-shorthair<https://github.com/dr-shorthair>