RE: SDW BP Glossary Meta-issue

Hello Chris, all,

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 4:55 PM, Little, Chris [mailto:chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk] wrote:

> As I work through the highlighted issues in the Glossary, I have been using a limited
> number of online resources:
>
> 1. Wikipedia articles. These have reasonably persistent URLs to human readable pages.

A meta-meta-issue: Do we cite the Wikipedia article using the "general" URL (e. g. [1]) or do we cite a specific version of the article (e. g. [2])? The latter is generally considered the better practice since the article contents might change and the cited text might not be contained any more (although that is probably not the case for this kind of information).

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geohash

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Geohash&oldid=773640793

Best,

Lars