Re: summary of open discussion threads for BP doc as input to plenary call 8-March-2017

Hi Jeremy ,

> Hi.
>
> > What about using sameAs for more precise entities, for example rooms, apartments inside a big building?
>
> I guess you meant samePlaceAs - owl:sameAs is much too specific for that case.

Sorry, yes I meant samePlaceAs… not our famous owl:sameAs :)

> Saying that a shop is located at Gare du Nord is one of the cases. But Jano notes that this impreciseness isn't that useful. Presumably a more mathematical spatial predicate might be used based on the geometry of the shop and the station; e.g.
>
> ex:shop geo:within ex:gareDuNord .
>
> ... but this triple would need the geometries of both shop and station to be available to compute (or evaluate) the relationship.
>
> (I think)

Exactly! The point is that it’s more easy to get the geometry for the station, but not always the case for inner entities like in the above shop example.
That’s  why we can use the samePlaceAs for this “kind” of relations.

Best,

Ghislain