From: Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>
Date: Sunday, 5 February 2017 at 10:29 pm
To: Krzysztof Janowicz <jano@geog.ucsb.edu>, Simon Cox <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Cc: Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>, SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: tidying ssn -- are you ok with?

Dear all,

+1 for Kerry's (a) :
 - (a) use skos:example and declare it an owl  annotation property (and this will work for any other skos property too). Also don’t import skos.

My arguments are:

 - SKOS is just used for documentation purposes here. So declaring skos:example, skos:definition, skos:note as annotation properties suffice in our case;
 - we don't need of all SKOS axioms. Importing all of them will make SOSA/SSN more complex to browse in Protégé for example;
 - the users of SOSA/SSN will import SOSA/SSN, but they do absolutely not need to import SKOS axioms.

Kind regards,
Maxime