No need to import SKOS - was RE: tidying ssn -- are you ok with?

I added a SKOS import locally at one stage just to add SKOS properties to my tool’s menus. Was never intended to stay.

AFAICT you only need to import if your ontology depends on the axiomatization of the imported ontology.
SOSA/SSN do not depend on SKOS since they will only use some annotation properties.

From: Maxime Lefrançois [mailto:maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr]
Sent: Sunday, 5 February, 2017 22:30
To: Krzysztof Janowicz <jano@geog.ucsb.edu>; Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Cc: Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>; SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: tidying ssn -- are you ok with?

Dear all,

+1 for Kerry's (a) :
 - (a) use skos:example and declare it an owl  annotation property (and this will work for any other skos property too). Also don’t import skos.

My arguments are:

 - SKOS is just used for documentation purposes here. So declaring skos:example, skos:definition, skos:note as annotation properties suffice in our case;
 - we don't need of all SKOS axioms. Importing all of them will make SOSA/SSN more complex to browse in Protégé for example;
 - the users of SOSA/SSN will import SOSA/SSN, but they do absolutely not need to import SKOS axioms.

Kind regards,
Maxime