Re: Requirement for topological data?

Frans,

Just to be clear, TopoJSON uses the geometries of features that have particular edge-node topological relationships to one another in order to save space with encoding of overlapping features such as streets and blocks. GML (and SDWGEO) can already define topological properties / characteristics of features and how they are related. It’s a convenience to link their geometries together explicitly as a space saver. Not sure it’s a requirement.

Josh