Re: Agenda for Best Practice sub-group, 14:00UTC 1-June-2016

it all depends what you mean :-)

I though a GM_object was specifically a geometry.  As such it is
independent of any real world thing - but it can be used as a property of a
real world thing to define a spatial characteristic.

as such I would say GM_Object and (real world thing) are disjoint.

What I dont really understand is what a Spatial Object is, except it seems
to declare that Egenhofer and other spatial operations can be supported on
either GM_Object or GF_Feature.{geomproperty}.   One wonders if a more
elegant way of declaring this was possible without introducing a very
strange abstract notion (and the confusion here I think is the evidence for
the strangeness)

OTOH running with the geoSPARQL as-is makes sense unless its provably
broken in terms of the inferences it allows, so I'll just get over my
distaste of incompatible naming vs. intent.

Rob