Re: Absence of key scientific spatial data formats within common formats to implementation of Best Practices [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Agreed folks.
A nice outcome of this thread would be to see if we can find consensus on
the following statement

"A “Spatial Data on the Web” approach (for representing key scientific
spatial data formats) would be to provide more ways to interact with
simpler, but semantically expressive representations on the Web and then
follow links to the underlying data resource (e.g. netCDF, HDF, GRIB, etc.)
and (Web) applications that can be used to interact with such format(s)."

I would be happy to pursue the above agenda. Is there anyone else that
agrees/would like to comment?
Thank you for all participation.
Lewis