RE: [linking-data] What should I link to? (or link between)

Ø  probably don’t want to link between individual pixels in a satellite image?

Not always, but sometimes. It always seemed to me that a key requirement for joining gridded data and linked data was to have a URI for a subsets, perhaps even down to a single pixel. Does QB help here?

Simon

From: Jon Blower [mailto:j.d.blower@reading.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 September 2015 7:13 AM
To: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Cc: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [linking-data] What should I link to? (or link between)

Is this a question about granularity? E.g. we definitely want to link between datasets, but probably don’t want to link between individual pixels in a satellite image?

One use case we are seeing in MELODIES a lot is that we want to link to *features* that we extract from images, but probably not the raster data itself.

Cheers,
Jon