Re: Nominal temporal references

Frans-

actually, the difference here is in the temporal coordinate reference system
(such as 1 sec, starting 1970-01-01 at 00:00:00a s a datum) and a calendar; the
former is a number, the latter comes in many (usually textual) variations, and
each needs to be mapped to the time axis (in seconds) in its own way. Likely
calendars will also be expressed as time CRSs at some time in future, this is
bleeding edge work by the Temporal.DWG in OGC.

-Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann@jacobs-university.de