Re: [sdwwg] for those not in the meeting today

Simon, see my comments below.

On 21 May 2015 at 06:01, <Simon.Cox@csiro.au> wrote:

>  Gosh – are comments in the spreadsheet still the right way to provide
> input?

Yes, they are. We thought that the better way to collect comments from all
the members of the group is a collaborative document. In this case, with so
many UCs and requirements (x4 deliverables), a google spreadsheet has
worked like a charm. But we are open for new ways of handling this kind of
procedures, if you want to propose alternatives.

>  1.      The requirements do not have the numbers from the draft document.

You are right. The point here is that the draft html document is constantly
evolving, thus numbering can get outdated very quickly. In the case of the
SSN, Time and Coverage deliverables, each requirement has a keyword, e.g.
Sensor metadata, which is used in the html document as identifier. Frans is
taking care of the Best Practice deliverable and he can tell you how this
is handled there.

>From the very beginning, the work was organized like this:

   - Group members propose UCs on the wiki and ALL TOGETHER extract (some)
   requirements that are linked to UCs on the spreadsheet. Then, the
   spreadsheet is revised by group members until all the UCs and requirements
   are properly related. This task is ongoing since March, after the F2F
   meeting in Barcelona.
   - Editors (Frans and myself) transcribe the content of the spreadsheet
   to the offcial W3C format (html), merge redundant requirements, refine
   them, and raise issues where discussion is needed.

We began editing the html document with an incomplete spreadsheet because
feedback from UCs contributors was arriving slowly and we committed to have
a decent First Public Working Draft by June. Luckily, the spreadsheet is
getting lots of comments in the last days :)

>  2.      How do the editors detect the new ones?

Basically, I check once a week the tabs in the spreadsheet of the
deliverables I manage and look for new comments (actually, I get an email
every time someone adds a comment). The comments normally identify missing
links between UCs and requirements, and provide examples. Sometimes, the
comments propose to add a new requirement. We, as editors, can add the new
requirement and remove the comment, or reply to the comment if we think
something is wrong, or even raise an issue to the tracker and the mailing
list if we think the topic needs to be discussed.

> (FWIW I just added comments to cell
>
> SSN- Y1
>
> R17, R19
>
> Y19