Re: Best Practice for encoding spatial coverage

Raphaël,

It can be difficult to interpret the motivations and intentions of schema.org <http://schema.org/> contributors. The exchanges referenced below variously suggest both more faithful referencing and a “fresh start”. I’m suggesting that we might want to recognize and endorse behavior that it is more referential and less re-inventive as contributing to best practice.

BTW, there is clearly a lot of value in adopting (authoritatively standardized, precisely defined) WKT geometry literals, as GeoSPARQL and others have done. OGC’s work with JSON-LD is also trending in this direction. WKT is not, however, its own property and so needs to be connected with other vocabulary elements to provide the predicates that GeoRSS, etc. include.

Josh