Re: the need for a glossary

On 2015-02-20 16:43, Christine Perey wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thank you, Frans, for volunteering to do this important work which
> will benefit many people in the future.
>
> In addition to clear (clearly written) definitions, consistency is
> very important.
>
> Could the glossary development and maintenance have a few people
> (maybe form a task force of subject matter experts from the domains)
> who are responsible for all the editing?

Well, I proposed to start a wiki page that can serve as a glossary. I
could fill it with a few terms, but after that I think it should be a
shared endeavour, like the rest of the wiki. Especially with a subject
like the definitions of core concepts it is important that many
contribute and work towards something that is broadly supported.
But perhaps it is a good idea to have a few people feeling an extra
amount of responsibility for ensuring things like consistency and
completeness.

Greetings,
Frans