Re: Broken links in deliverables (was: Broken link)

On 09/12/2015 11:22, Frans Knibbe wrote:
> Hello Phil,
>
> Are you using the W3C link checker <https://validator.w3.org/checklink>? I
> notice you are hunting broken links in the UCR document (thanks!) and I
> wondered if it could be done automatically.

Yes, everything I'm doing so far today can be done by editors ;-)

And we have a new system, called Echidna, that even allows you to
publish directly in /TR space. Part of that is HTML validation and
broken link checking. The next step is what we call PubRules which is
all the legal stuff at the top. That's my next task...

  So I stumbled upon this W3C
> service that we probably should have started to use earlier. I did already
> use the HTML checker <https://validator.w3.org/nu/> from time to time, it
> can spot problems that pass the ReSpec checks.
>
> Could there be even more useful W3C services that all deliverable editors
> should be aware of?

TBH, I'm supposed to know a lot more about Echidna than I do, but I
obviously need to find out, then this WG can be one of the hipster
self-publishing ones.

Cheers for now

Phil.

--