Re: UCR work today

Hi Alejandro,

In working through the PB requirements I passed this one:

"There should be a standard for publishing data about coordinate reference
systems (CRS) - Not only geographical reference systems."

I see there already is a CRS requirement (CRS Definition
<http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#CRSDefinition>),
from the SSN requirements. Do you think we can merge the two? I spot some
differences:

   1. The SSN requirement implies that a CRS needs to have a URI. Let's
   assume that is a HTTP URI. I have the feeling that a solution (use HTTP
   URIs) is already worked into the requirement (a standard for identifying a
   URI).
   2. the PB requirement implies that not only identification of CRSs
   should be standardised, but getting the data that describe the CRS too.
   3. The PB requirement explicitely is about non-geographical CRSs too -
   not a conflict, but a broader scope.
   4. if the SSN requirement indeed is only about identification of a CRS,
   indeed it seems to be covered by the spatial metadata requirement
   <http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SpatialMetadata>.
   But perhaps there is a difference: the SSN requirement says "The URI of the
   Coordinate Reference System (CRS) shall be specified...". So perhaps it is
   saying that there should be a strong recommendation not to publish spatial
   data without a CRS, while the BP requirement is mainly about having the
   option of specifying a CRS?

Regards,
Frans