From: Dirk Jan Venema <D.Venema@geonovum.nl>
Date: Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 4:01 am
To: "public-sdw-comments@w3.org" <public-sdw-comments@w3.org>
Subject: procssing unit as Platform?

Hi all,

I have a question regarding a control unit that could be connected to various sensors, actuators and samplers.

Let’s use the following example: a ‘weather station’ such as http://imgeo.geostandaarden.nl/def/imgeo-object/sensor/weerstation-niet-bgt. According to the SOSA ontology this would be a Platform that hosts several Sensors (temperature, humidity, CO2, …) and perhaps some Actuators or Samplers. However, could you also say that there’s a control/processing unit inside the weather station that functions as a Platform, that actually hosts and controls said Sensors, Actuators and Samplers? And that control unit is a sub-Platform hosted by another Platform, the weather station? What would be the semantically correct way to include such a control/processing unit in SOSA/SSN?

Kind regards,
Geonovum
Dirk Jan Venema
Adviseur

a: Barchman Wuytierslaan 10, 3818 LH Amersfoort
p: Postbus 508, 3800 AM Amersfoort
t:  + 31 (0)33 460 41 00    m:  + 31 (0)6 128 38 802
e:  d.venema@geonovum.nl<mailto:d.venema@geonovum.nl>
i:  www.geonovum.nl<http://www.geonovum.nl/>