Re: Joint session on vocabulary with Web of Things

On 26 September 2016 at 17:03, Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl> wrote:
> Hello Darko,
>
> Thank you for the presentation, and for the explanation and discussion in
> Lisbon.
>
> Actually, I still have a question that I haven't asked at the meeting. It
> was triggered by page 16, the TD Repository.
>
> Discoverability of spatial data on the web is an important requirement in
> the SDWWG. We do not want spatial data to contribute to the dark web, but
> make it possible for people to find and use them. Making data linkable, and
> crawlable by search engines should help discoverability. So should
> annotation with terms from schema.org. How does the WoT group envisage TDs
> and TD repositories to be discoverable on the web?

+1 re thanks for the presentation

Something to share w.r.t. dataset discovery using schema.org: at
Google we are (in the relatively early stages of) exploring what we
can do to improve the discovery of datasets. First doc on this was
published during TPAC,
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/datasets ---
comments welcome here or offlist.

cheers,