Re: Objects that can stringify in multiple ways

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 08:48:45 +0100
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Cc: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 1:04 AM, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also consider discoverability: it'll be much easier to feature-detect as a separate property than a parameter.

That's a good point.

Domenic's first-class domain concept resonates as well.

I guess the other thing to consider with URLs (not hosts) is that the
Unicode conversion might be lossy, due to paths/queries/fragments not
always using valid UTF-8 percent-encoded bytes.

I guess we'll go with unicode().

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/