Re: Determining what prototype should be used for an object

On 11/14/14, 2:20 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Though maybe we don't want to tie this to [NewObject] and instead just
> say that an object that's created gets created in the current Realm,
> with an opt-out for specs to use the Realm of "this" as needed, and just
> manually adjust things like getContext.

The main issue with this approach is that I suspect it makes creating an
object much more complicated.  Specifically, it requires that creating
an object specify that all "built-in" property values on the object that
are owned by it are created at the same time, using the same Realm as
the object creation itself (since that's the conceptual model).

This is problematic, since multiple specs can define partial interfaces
that add new properties to objects...

Maybe we can figure out a way to spec this that's clear, but I haven't
though of one yet using this approach.

Note that this is also an issue ES doesn't have to worry about.  :(