Re: partial interfaces, [NoInterfaceObject]

On 2/14/14 2:41 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> However if the implementation has enough smarts that it knows that
> there are no APIs that take a NavigatorGeolocation parameter, then it
> could optimize that metadata away. I don't know if there are
> implementations that do that. I don't think Gecko makes such
> optimizations.

We actually do.  If an interface is [NoInterfaceObject] and is a
consequential interface of some other interface, we flip the "we care
about this" boolean from true to false and require explicit opt-in via
an entry in a configuration file to generate anything interesting for
that interface.

It did take some work to put that in place, of course.

> There's also a cost for implementations and authors that read the spec
> that there are additional interfaces to juggle.

Yes, this cost is very real...