Re: Typeconverting Exotics

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 19:35:50 -0500
To: "Mark S. Miller" <erights@google.com>
On 1/12/14 5:22 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Historical note: We had a window during ES5 days where we could have
> limited the document.all insanity to sloppy mode, by codifying the FF
> behavior on edge cases rather than the WebKit behavior on edge cases.

Though actually _specifying_ the FF behavior would have been a lot
harder, I suspect... and I can't even speak to how annoying implementing
would have been in other codebases.  I do know removing the old FF
implementation allowed us to simplify a whole bunch of code; the new
weirdness is much more encapsulated.