Re: Figuring out easier readonly interfaces

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 01:21:36 +0200, Mark S. Miller <erights@google.com>
wrote:

>> Readonly doesn't mean immutable or constant.
>>

> No one said it did. That would be silly ;).
>
> Read only means that, through this object, changes to some underlying
> state
> can be observed but not caused. In order for changes to be observed, it
> must be possible to cause those changes, but holding this object is not
> by
> itself adequate to cause those changes.

OK, then I misunderstood the argument. Sorry.

Is the problem here that a mutable DOMRect instance has DOMRectReadOnly in
the prototype chain, which is a lie?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software