RE: Promises: final steps

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:56:32 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Ideally, there would be a pane in the developer tools where all unhandled rejections (Boris's conditions 1 and 2) collect, until they are handled. Kris Kowal has been prototyping such a thing for our Q library as a Chrome extension:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h68ax9j5mj7i6c/continuum.mov

I believe there are also efforts in that direction by the Ember folks.

The GC trick is a good one too, but as Mark has noted previously, it's not guaranteed that the promise will ever be GCed!