Re: Feature-detectable API extensions?

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Norbert Lindenberg <
ecmascript@lindenbergsoftware.com> wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2013, at 14:28 , Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> > On 8/27/13 5:21 PM, Joshua Bell wrote:
> >>    In this case, yes: passing "" or 0 would throw.
> >>
> >> Is Norbert asking about the existing IDBCursor continue() method?
> >
> > I assumed he meant the new signature.
> >
> > The old signature ignores the second arg completely.
> >
> > The new signature will throw for some values of the second arg.
> >
> > So if you pass one of those values and get an exception, you're looking
> at the new signature.
>
> Exactly.

Ah, sorry - yes, that makes sense if the second argument was a dictionary
as I showed in the straw man. Yet another suggested permutation of the API
just had the proposed new signature as (optional any, optional any) and
that was stuck in my head.