Re: Elements (extends Array)

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 22:52:11 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org
On Aug 7, 2013 9:19 PM, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 8/8/13 12:05 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
>>
>> They should be generic, I think.
>

> OK.  As long as they're generic and we don't have methods that
specifically take Elements as arguments (which would then be forced to
distinguish between Elements and normal Arrays), this doesn't seem
unreasonable.  ;)

Couldn't we still implement such a method by having specially generated
code which did type testing specifically by doing checks similar to what
Array.isArray does? I.e. we would generate wholly different type testing
code than we do for (other) DOM objects.

/ Jonas