IDL enumeration & String.prototype.normalize

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:59:29 +0100
To: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
In IDL not being part of an enumeration throws TypeError. It seems
String.prototype.normalize uses RangeError. I've no preference as to
which is better, but it would be good if they were equal.

Also, throughout the platform we typically lowercase enumeration
constants, e.g. "arraybuffer". I think it would be good for
String.prototype.normalize to follow that precedent and use "nfc" etc.

(I was a bit surprised to see Unicode normalization exposed here.
We've been pretty hesitant elsewhere to introduce dependencies on it,
but I guess at this level it might be okay.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/