Re: Forbid constants on [noInterfaceObject] interfaces

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:13:39 -0700
To: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
On 7/31/13 9:43 AM, David Bruant wrote:
> given how they promote the feature [1] (see code snippets in the
> article, it has both "PERSISTENT" and window.TEMPORARY), I doubt this is
> a bug.

It's a bug if merely having [NoInterfaceObject] on an interface causes
its constants to end up on the global.  That's just not what the spec
says to do.  If Chrome's binding generator has this behavior, it should
be fixed.

If, on the other hand, Chrome just unilaterally added some constants on
Window... well, that's really unfortunate, but not a WebIDL issue.

> Worse, I doubt this can be changed.

Again, that just seems like something for the Window spec and bug
reports to Chrome and other UAs, not an issue with WebIDL per se.