Re: Forbid constants on [noInterfaceObject] interfaces

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:37:20 -0700
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 7/31/13 5:21 AM, David Bruant wrote:
> This results in TEMPORARY and PERSISTENT global properties. Look in a
> recent Chrome console.

That sounds like a bug in Chrome, pure and simple.

> This should be forbidden in my opinion.

It's hard to say.

Constants are exposed on both the interface object and the interface
prototype object.  So there is actually somewhat sane behavior for the
combination of NoInterfaceObject and constants: they just appear as
properties on the prototype chain of instances.

That said, it's not clear to me what the use cases are for this.

> I'll take the time later to send feedback to the File API people to see
> if this can be changed.

In this case, I suspect that the LocalFileSystem interface should in
fact have an interface object...