Re: Maybe we should think about Interface.isInterface functions again

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 08:25:16 -0400
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
CC: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On 7/20/13 2:14 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> Is it really worthwhile adding this surface area to all the APIs just to avoid the edge cases like HTMLElement.prototype instanceof Node? In what situation do we envision that kind of "false positive" being a problem?

https://twitter.com/kuvos/status/348019487120957440 and following
discussion has a description of such a situation arising in real-life
code: the code wants to test for ownerDocument being non-null, but it
only wants to do this on Node objects, of course.  And
HTMLElement.prototype is one of the objects it ends up being passed, for
whatever reason...