[Canvas][WebIDL] Canvas .addText takes NoInterfaceObject argument

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:42:54 -0700
To: "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Hi,

The methods addText() and addPathByStrokingText() [1] take the NoInterfaceObject CanvasDrawingStyle [2] as argument. I wonder if that is even possible for WebIDL since there is no way to create it and no binding to ECMAScript is exposed. Shouldn't it rather be a DrawingStyle object[3], which indeed is an interface? I didn't scan if that is the case in other places as well. The definition of NoInterfaceObject is here [4].

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-canvas-element.html#dom-path-addpathbystrokingtext
[2] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-canvas-element.html#canvasdrawingstyles