Re: IDL: number types

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:53:10 -0400
To: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth@ccs.neu.edu>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org
On 3/25/13 10:45 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> By definition, objects that are implementable in JS (without using
> proxies) won't need to be exotic objects.

Very few DOM objects need proxies to implement, as far as I can tell.
In Gecko's WebIDL implementation, only objects with named or indexed
getters need proxy stuff.

Of course DOM objects do involve some internal per-object data that's
not directly exposed to the web page.  But that's implementable in JS
using closures or weakmaps (and in fact jQuery has similar internal
data, as an example).