Re: IDL: number types

On Mar 18, 2013, at 6:59 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> Now ES6 will define ArrayBuffer and friends, can we move IDL to a
> integer/float model or is there some other specification I'm missing
> that does something that JavaScript does not natively support?

There is indeed "Typed Array Specification"[1] used by WebGL and (because of WebGL) Transformation Matrix Interface[2].

For the later specification, there are requests to use single precision over double precision for performance reasons. See public-fx discussion[3].

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] https://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/default/matrix/index.html