Re: IDL: number types

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 07:02:54 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 3/18/13 9:59 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Now ES6 will define ArrayBuffer and friends, can we move IDL to a
>> integer/float model
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Is there some context I should read up
> on?

The context is continued complaints about IDL's mismatch with
JavaScript. The last time I brought up simplification of the various
numeric types it was brought up that ArrayBuffer and friends relied on
the various C types. Now ArrayBuffer will no longer rely on them by
being natively defined in ES6 I was wondering whether we could do
this, or if there are some other reasons why we have these types that
do not match JavaScript's floating point.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/