E4H compatible with string templates

From: Mike Samuel <mikesamuel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:23:59 -0400
To: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Here's an implementation of Ian's E4H proposal on top of string templates

https://e4h-string-template.googlecode.com/git/e4h-string-template-test.html

The code can be browsed at
https://code.google.com/p/e4h-string-template/source/browse/e4h-string-template.js

If people are under the impression that adopting the string templates
proposal would make it impossible to later use E4H, I hope this shows
that that is not the case.

I hope this also shows that string templates allow experimentation
with many kinds of templating schemes, including ones like E4H that
produce DOM trees instead of character strings.

The implementation is probably buggy since I haven't had time to debug
it thoroughly, but it shouldn't be a stretch to conclude that a
correct implementation is possible given some engineering.

cheers,
mike