Re: Interaction between WebIDL operations and ES6 proxies

Le 01/02/2013 05:20, Rick Waldron a écrit :
> Isn't the intention of WebIDL to be language agnostic? To be clear, I
> agree that there needs to be behaviour specification for the DOM w/r
> to Proxy. I'm interested in the implications of WebIDL attempting
> to specify a language specific behaviour without using that language's
> own spec language.
WebIDL contains an "ECMAScript binding" section where are defined WebIDL
semantics for ECMAScript as well as ECMAScript-specific extended
attributes. So if something had to be said about interaction with
proxies, that'd probably be there.
I imagine that the safe default (throwing on proxies) should be defined
somewhere in 4.4.6 and 4.4.7 (attribute and operation ECMAScript
semantics) and the opt-in to accept proxies should be somewhere around.
I'm not sure where and how exactly yet, (that's why I have expressed
high-level intentions and not specifically suggested changes).

David