Re: Specs and Object.observe()

From: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:33:18 -0400
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Would it be safe for new specs to start assuming Object.observe will be
> part of the platform soon? Or should specs also define events in
> conjunction to where Object.observe can be used?
>
> I have some specs that currently fire events when the value of an
> attribute changes. I would like to get rid of those events if possible.

Object.observe will not be published as an addition to the language until
ES7. ES6 won't be submitted for approval until December 2014
https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2013-03/mar-13.md#416-current-status-of-es6.
It would be irresponsible to even imply that the Object.observe spec
is
finalized, however wonderfully thorough it is :)

Rick