Re: Interface prototype objects and ES6 @@toStringTag

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:47:32 -0400
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 5/13/13 4:50 PM, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
> The way that WebIDL require Object.prototype.toString to return "[object
> TypePrototype]" for the interface prototype object and "[object Type]"
> for the instances seems to imply that every instance needs to have an
> own @@toStringTag.

Just to check my understanding, is this because there is no concept of
an accessor for a symbol object get, so that Get(O, @@toStringTag)
cannot perform introspection of O?  At first glance it seems like
nothing prevents there being an accessor invoked as a result of Get(),
though I'm a little confused about the code that does this Get(): it
seems to expect back something with a .[[value]] but as far as I can
tell Get() returns a value, not a descriptor...

-Boris