Re: Web Alarm API - idiomatic check

It isn't clear to me why the AlarmManger methods need to be asynchronous.  Obviously the actual delivery  of alarms must be asynchronies but I would think that registration and subsequent management of the alarm queue could be done synchronously and that it would be a simpler API if that could be done so. For example, it easy to define the meaning of getPendingAlarms  if it returns synchronously.  But if it is asynchronous then there is the issue of "pending" as of when, the time of the getPendingAlarms call or the time when the future is resolved?  What happens if an Alarm goes off between the call and the resolution.

Allen