RE: Promises: Auto-assimilating thenables returned by .then() callbacks: yay/nay?

On Friday, May 03, 2013 1:40 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Domenic Denicola
> <domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
> > From: Jonas Sicking [jonas@sicking.cc]
> >
> >> (... lots of really good stuff ...)
> >
> > I agree with everything you wrote, both in the technical content
> > and in the tone. I appreciate the tone as a counterpoint to the
> > two extreme voices we've heard from so far, and in particular it's
> > great you've given some perspective on the WebApps WG process
> > which I don't think many people in this discussion have. It's also
> > really good that you phrased things as "noodling over the Future
> > API" instead of "we produced a spec, you didn't, so STFU".
>
> Jonas, along with Domenic, I would like to thank you as well for
> shifting tone, and for your clarification of history. I appreciate
> the reasons for not withdrawing one draft standard until an adequate
> replacement appears -- provided that the draft is treated as
> tentative in the spirit stated in your email.

The way it is currently pushed, it doesn't seem to be a "tentative draft".
For example, a lot of people requested that we change the JSON-LD API to use
Futures instead of callbacks. It would be great to clarify the standing of
this document.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler