Re: Futures (was: Request for JSON-LD API review)

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> I don't find the whole who owns what discussions very interesting to
> be honest. If it was up to me JavaScript would just be part of the W3C
> and we would not have to deal with that layer of distraction.

I got some private feedback that this might have come across as some
kind of power grab. What I meant, as in my mind TC39 and JavaScript
are kinda intertwined, is that TC39 would become part of the W3C
rather than ECMA, so coordination between those working on browser
APIs and those working on the language would be even more of a given.
Taking JavaScript away from TC39 never crossed my mind, but reportedly
it did for others, so sorry about the confusion.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/