Re: Futures (was: Request for JSON-LD API review)

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Mark S. Miller <erights@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Anne, promises were already in progress for ES7. It was the w3c that
> chose to fork the effort rather than participate and provide feedback.

Okay, lets assume promises are not in the DOM specification. How soon
do you think we can get a specification we can use for the dozens of
APIs in development today? I put them in the DOM specification because
waiting for ES7 will get us even more "W3C is terrible at APIs!!1!".
It's also still not clear what you think is wrong with the current
text. Naming?

(Technically it's not part of any W3C draft by the way, but I guess
the sentiment is the same either way.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/