Re: Coordination

From: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:50:21 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Erik Arvidsson <erik.arvidsson@gmail.com>
Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Apologies for the ambiguity. I meant pushing for an "API idiomacy
> review" process.

Thanks -- on that front, recent API work (DAP, WebApps, SysApps) has
been about par for the course, from what I've seen. In other words, a
mixed bag ranging from nicely-idiomatic or good-enough, all the way to
we're-sorry-and-we-will-do-better-next-time ;-). And since nothing has
progressed beyond LC yet AFAIK, there may still be time to fix things.

But as I wrote privately, I don't think we can firehose all the new APIs
through public-script-coord and get good API review results. We could go
API by API in a more focused forum or meeting-like setting, with
public-script-coord hosting the notices for upcoming reviews, progress
updates, and review conclusions. Thoughts?

/be