Re: Coordination (was: ES6 Modules)

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 09/04/2013 16:51 , Brendan Eich wrote:
>
>> First, this cuts both ways. Do you really want to get into the times
>> even in the modern era, even in the last three years, when a W3C/WHATWG
>> (the two are diverging again) piece of spec-work was done without
>> consulting with es-discuss or any such group, resulting in a less than
>> ideal JS API? I am not going to throw that stone, it's not my point. I'm
>> asking you to refrain as well.
>>

> It most certainly cuts both ways. What I'd be interested in though is if
> there's anything we can do to make it not cut at all.
>
> You mention reviewing JS APIs; we're working on quite a few of those — and
> we really want all the feedback we can get.
>
> Is there a simple, lightweight process that would ensure everyone's aware
> of ongoing work?

>From the DOM side, I don't know that there's enough F2F contact to say that
"DOM authors need to be aware of X" from the TC39 side will ever fly
without some big checkbox in their lifecycle that says "has been reviewed
for idomatic API practice [yes|no]".

>From the TC39 side, it wouldn't be hard to have a quick breifing at the
front of every-other meeting to bring people up to date on the specs that
are going through the process, need eyes, etc. No review in the meeting,
but just a heads up that now's the time to weigh in on X, Y, and Z.

Thoughts?