Re: Catching exceptions

From: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 10:16:09 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Using PutValue and [[Put]] as an example (http://es5.github.com/#x8.7.2)...

PutValue makes calls to [[Put]], with arguments: property, descriptor and
throw. In 3.b, the Throw flag is explicitly set to false, in 4.b the Throw
flag is set to boolean value returned by isStrictReference(v) (where v is
the lhs of an assignment). In [[Put]], the value of the Throw flag is used
on 2.a, 4.a, and 7.a in conjunction with the results of other operations,
to determine whether or not a TypeError exception will be thrown.

I believe the same or a similar specification mechanism can be used.

Rick